How to Join MSC
Our team has open signups all year and any swimmer aged 6 and up that can swim one length of the pool without assistance is welcome to join the team. If you are interested in learning more about our team, come by the pool and meet the coaches! We welcome anyone to come watch or participate in a few practices. Upon joining, the coaches evaluate the swimmers and assign them to the group they feel best helps them succeed.
When you join our team, you will:
- Learn to swim from championship coaches who will help perfect your skills.
- Learn teamwork, commitment and responsibility.
- Build self-esteem and confidence. Swimmers are good citizens!
For more information, email Coach Martins at email@example.com or call him at (503) 858-8772. Please feel free to leave a message with your phone number so Coach Martins can answer your questions and provide further information.
Cost to Join MSC
- United States Swimming Insurance costs $68/year
- Fundraisers require each swimmer to raise $180/year ($100 for fall swim-a-thon and $80 for spring raffle)
- Pool Pass is purchased directly from the Aquatic Center and costs approximately $125-$170/year
- Monthly dues:
$36 - Mako 1 Group
$51 - Mako 2 Group
$66 - Mako 3 Group
$66 - Mako 4 Group
$91 - Senior Group
Practice is held five days per week. Swimmers 9 years old or younger are only allowed to swim up to three days per week. Swimmers 10 years old are allowed to swim up to four times per week. Swimmers 11 years old are allowed to swim up to five times per week. Practice times for each group may vary slightly depending on the time of year. See Practice Schedule for practice times.
Swimmer Contract and Code of Conduct
The MSC Contract and Code of Conduct explains the rules for swimmers who join MSC. This contract must be signed by both the swimmer and parent(s) upon joining MSC and at the beginning of each new swim season.